1. Outreach activity: Estimating Solar Energy Requirements to Meet US Energy Needs
- Outreach module description and lesson plan (PDF)
Superposition of hypothetical solar power plants having areas the size of Alaska, Texas, Virginia, and Connecticut on a map of the contiguous United States. This hands-on outreach activity allows students to determine how large of an area must be covered with solar panels to meet the U.S. primary energy needs.
Note to educators: Feel free to use and modify the presentation as a part of your own educational activities. We welcome any feedback that you may have on what worked or did not work well.
2. Solar Fuels-based hands-on educational activities developed at other Universities:
- Discovery of catalytic materials for water splitting: http://ccisolar.caltech.edu/webpage/95
- Juice from Juice photoelectrochemical cells: http://thesolararmy.org/jfromj/
More outreach modules to come!